HotdogSCCM

Windows 10 Offline Servicing- No Updates

Howdy folks.

Systems:

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU1, Windows 10 ADK.

I've gone ahead and captured a Windows 10 WIM, we're deploying it, etc etc; it all works. I did do these steps here on the WSUS side:

http://titlerequired.com/2015/07/22/windows-10-on-wsus-shows-as-windows-vista/

Otherwise the Windows 10 patches weren't showing up as Windows 10. However, now they are; they're showing up, they're deployable, everything is happy.

However, when I go to offline-service the Windows 10 image, it shows zero updates as being available. It just sits there with the little red exclamation point, and never shows any selectable.

Now, granted, I literally only have two updates available: KB3081424 and KB3074683. I'd like to, however, inject KB3081424, since it adds time to OSD.

Is anyone else seeing updates available when they go to offline service? Or is something hosed up on my end? Or, possibly, are there just not enough updates/types of updates out yet to even populate the list?

I'll know more today obviously, since it's Patch Tuesday, but just wanted to know what others saw.

Thanks!

From Reddit, found a reason: If you open up SMSProv.log and watch it when you go to Offline Service, you see:

ExecQueryAsync: COMPLETE select * from SMS_UpdateCategoryInstance where LocalizedCategoryInstanceName like '%Windows vNext Preview%'

Oh SCCM, you so silly!