regan

Windows 10 UEFI partition issues

currently trying to deploy my captured Windows image which i have no issues when using legacy method however im now using UEFI for the first time. Using the stand alone media USB option as i haven't setup Iphelpers on my HP switch's just yet.

Seem to have an issue with formatting and partitioning the drive ready for the OS. I have attached the SMSTS and task sequence, the device did have bit locker enabled and UEFI enabled before running the task.

Versions 2012R2 SP1 CU1, sever 2012.

post-24873-0-71096900-1439469287_thumb.jpg

post-24873-0-58711800-1439469288_thumb.jpg

haev you looked at the CM12 UEFI BitLocker hta yet, it's got a pre-made UEFI capable task sequence and all scripts, available here

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11864-the-cm12-uefi-bitlocker-frontend-hta-part-1-the-features/

haev you looked at the CM12 UEFI BitLocker hta yet, it's got a pre-made UEFI capable task sequence and all scripts, available here

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11864-the-cm12-uefi-bitlocker-frontend-hta-part-1-the-features/

Thanks Nial i have yes ( great write up as usual ) , something i will be testing once ive got a good grounding with UEFI deployments. Any ideas what I could do with regarding to OSD Partitions1file system not formatting?

<![LOG[Process completed with exit code 0]LOG]!><time="12:23:50.448+480" date="08-13-2015" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="968" file="commandline.cpp:1124">

<![LOG[!--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------!]LOG]!><time="12:23:50.448+480" date="08-13-2015" component="TSManager" context="" type="1" thread="968" file="instruction.cxx:805">

<![LOG[successfully completed the action (Partition Disk 0 - UEFI) with the exit win32 code 0]LOG]!>

looks good to me, what happens after this ?

Before you kick off the Task Sequence, as in, before you even hit "Go", have you tried:

F8

Diskpart

select disk 0

clean

I know you shouldn't *have* to, but in my career, unless I'm attempting to retain data, I've always added some manual steps (ie, Powershell, batch file) to completely wipe the drives. If I don't, I see random, weird issues like that.

I won't say it'll fix it, but I'd give it a shot and see if it clears something up.

Thanks I've tried using DIskpart sadly no joy.

After the partition stage i get the error message 0X80070057 during apply operating system stage. It turns out my OSDPreserveDriveLetter task was the issue so i have removed that. my next challenge will be to add drivers, install my wifi script thenSetup Windows and ConfigMgr join domain and finally the handy script Nial wrote with regards to adding a wifi mac address as the primary.