pembertj

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 Task Sequence Powershell ADK 10 (Error: 800703E9)

Working on my Windows 10 Enterprise Task Sequence - This week I switched over the ADK on our site server to ADK 10. After switching the ADK I am getting an error whenever a powershell script runs in the WinPE phase. It doesn't seem to make a difference what is in the powershell script - it even fails on a one-line "Run Command Line" step that calls powershell.exe. Has anyone ran into this issue or a fix?

Execution of task sequence failed. Recursion too deep; the stack overflowed. (Error: 800703E9; Source: Windows)

technet post with the same issue (german), only post I could find with same issue

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/33c17c89-3000-4d8d-9b86-7c5a7b55a1fa/sccm-2012-r2-sp1-mit-adk-10-recursion-too-deep-the-stack-overflowed-error-800703e9-source?forum=systemcenterde

How about if you just hit "F8", launch Powershell.exe, and type something goofy? Bomb out from there as well?

My off the cuff suggestion would be to make a new boot media, re-add Powershell/whatever-other-optional components, and give it a whirl again.

I launched powershell a few different times from the f8 command prompt and it did crash at the command line once or twice...

I thought I had fixed it by re-building the WIM all over again but the problem has sprouted up again on a few random machines. Not sure what else to try at this point. I am going to revert to the old boot image for most of my Task Sequences until someone else has another idea...

I've been fighting this crazy problem as well... example here: http://imgur.com/6o0TAof

I've rebuilt my wims, reinstalled the adk, added/removed components and nothing has worked.

Can you give me some more detail on how you resolved it? Are you sure it's resolved?

Thanks,

Dewayne

Dewayne-

Can you tell me what optional components you have installed? I'm trying to narrow down what might trigger this.

I have

Windows-Powershell (WinPE-Powershell)

Windows-Powershell (WinPE-DismCmdlets)

Windows-Powershell (WinPE-StorageWMI)

Microsoft.NET (WinPE-NetFX)