anyweb

How can I upgrade to System Center 2012 R2 SP1 with MDT 2013 Update 1 integrated?

I am already on 2012R2 SP1 (aka 2012 SP2). I upgraded before the Windows 10 ADK was available publicly. Can I just uninstall the 8.1 ADK and install the 10 ADK, or do I have to follow the process listed above in your excellent guide, except for the installation of SP2?

I've found this article (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/beanexpert/archive/2015/08/05/how-to-switch-to-windows-10-adk-on-configmgr-2012-r2-sp1.aspx), would you recommend that, as it seems that this is the upgrade path that I'm after.

Cheers!

EDIT: Actually, scratch that - I've found this (http://blogs.technet.com/b/configmgrteam/archive/2015/08/05/windows-10-adk-and-configuration-manager.aspx), which you have posted on a previous post of mine. It has cleared it up:

• Download the Windows 10 ADK.

• Uninstall the Windows 8.1 ADK from your site server(s).

• Install the Windows 10 ADK on your site server(s).

• Restart your site server. (This ensures that components such as the WIMGAPI driver are properly registered for use with Configuration Manager.)

Thanks for this guide.

I have a CAS and three primary sites. Would I need to complete each step on every server starting with the CAS and then the primaries?

So it would be like:

Run Step 1 on CAS, PRI1, PRI2, PRi3

Run Step 2 on CAS, PRI1, PRI2, PRI3

And so on...

I appreciate the help.

no I would upgrade it this way, run all steps on the CAS and once you've verified all is good, start on PRI1, PRI2 and so on. Do make sure to run the testdbupgrade on a COPY of the database backup.

good luck and let us know how it goes for you

I'll make sure to post my results. I'm probably going to wait a few more weeks(Hoping for CU2 with the driver bloat fix) but will need to have this done by the end of the month.

Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.

Excellent post thanks, helped me with my upgrade.

great to see so much assistance on SCCM for what would be a quite complex upgrade.

A couple of stumbling points for me, I had officescan and that caused an error on the upgrade so had to disable that. This then cause the site to go into warning so I could'nt upgrade to CU1.

Thank you for the excellent walkthrough! It is very nice to have a guide to use during this process! My bootimages did not get updated during this process. I used the directions http://www.scconfigmgr.com/2014/02/28/default-boot-images-was-not-updated-after-a-configmgr-2012-r2-upgrade/ to get them updated, but I am not clear what causes the images to be skipped!? I also somehow missed the USMT update. I was able to update my USMT package manually, and all appears to be OK; I was just wondering if you had any insight as to why I might have had those two issues.

Again, thank you for the guide!

Dean

the configmgrsetup.log should give you some clues, it's in the root of C:\ on the site you do the upgrade on, does it reveal anything ?