jrgonzalez_nyc

Windows 10 & Sever 2012 R2 Core with Hyper-V

Question

Hello,

I am running Windows 10 x64 Educational version on a virtual machine. My co-worker is running the same version on his physical box. We have both noticed that Windows 10 cannont connect to our Hyper-V host which runs on a windows 2012 server core machine. We get the following error: "An error occurred while attempting to connect to server xxxxx. Check that the Virtual Machine Management service is running and that you are authorized to connect to the server."

The service is running just fine and our accounts are domain admins and have sufficient rights to connect to the host since we are able to do it from our Windows 8.1 machines. Could this be due to Hyper-V version mismatch? Do I need to change more permissions on the server core firewall? Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet