pbalderos

HELP! - OSD Task Seq keeps failing with "ZTI deployment failed, Return Code = -2147024809 0x80070057"

Take a look at this article here...it isn't exacty a short read, but has a couple steps that I would start with...

http://blogs.technet.com/b/system_center_configuration_manager_operating_system_deployment_support_blog/archive/2014/04/28/how-to-ensure-that-windows-installs-on-c-during-a-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-osd-task-sequence.aspx

Specifically, once you get to the "Resolution" section, look at the settings for the boot and system partitions and make sure that those are what you have in your TS. If your boot partition is pulling a drive letter, then that could be part of the problem. Steps 7 and 8 might be unnecessary, as we are installing from WIM's here, and have not needed the OSDPreserveDrive letter variable set...but I would start there by verifying that those settings are good to go.

As a side note, I went back and looked at your SMSTS.log file because I was curious about your "Set OSDDisk Part" step in your TS...in your log file, it looks as though all of your Format and Partition steps were getting skipped...??? I could be wrong about what I'm seeing there, but under each section it says "The action (Format and Partition Disk...) has been skipped because the condition is evaluated to be false"...could you attach the smsts.log of your successful imaging process?

h4x0r

Here are the smsts.logs from my successful Windows 8.1 image deployment

smsts.log

smsts-20150830-182755.log

Thanks for providing that...I'm not seeing those messages about skipping those format and partition steps.

Also, in regards to the article I posted...look at the "Set variable for drive letter" step in your Install group. In your log it looks like it is setting the OSDPreserveDriveLetter variable to False, which is possibly why your image is getting installed on E or D.

Thanks for providing that...I'm not seeing those messages about skipping those format and partition steps.

Also, in regards to the article I posted...look at the "Set variable for drive letter" step in your Install group. In your log it looks like it is setting the OSDPreserveDriveLetter variable to False, which is possibly why your image is getting installed on E or D.

Yup it is set to False. Once I am finished reading the link you sent me I am going to change it. I just want to see what other info I can gather in addition.

T

Thanks again h4xor,

Under the task: Install>Set Variable for Drive Letter I changed the OSDPreserveDriveLetter value to "True" and reimaged the computer and C: became the primary :)

I also went into each of the Format and Partition Disk (UEFI, 6.1 and 6.0) tasks and made sure all of the Volumes except Local Disk (Primary) was set to "Do not assign a drive letter to this partition".

Now the only things I am trying to fix is changing the C: drive label from OSDisk to Local Disk (C:) I would like to keep it "traditional"

My actions: I changed the Partition Name as shown in the screen shot below to from OSDisk to Local Disk. This is the only thing that didn't change. Any thoughts on that one?

post-17849-0-39809600-1441209458_thumb.png

Glad to hear it is working :)

That's an odd one regarding the partition name. In our TS here, the default value of "Windows" is used and I've never bothered changing it. If the partition is being named OSDisk when they are labeled something else in the parition properties, then that makes me think there's something setting that value (duh)...my first inclination would be to look at anything referencing OSDisk. Maybe it is your "Set OSDDisk Part" step underneath your "Format and Partition" steps?