PaulWhite@pickens.k12

2012 R2 Application install hit or miss during OSD

For some reason 2 days ago my task sequence that we use became very hit or miss for installing applications during OSD. It worked fine before, then it started missing Office 2013 so I removed it from all TS's and DPs made a new package and sent it out again. Today we have imaged about 10 machines and all but one got Office 2013 but some were missing another Application. Here is the task sequence what's going on.post-24746-0-40339100-1441219625.jpgpost-24746-0-62709900-1441219731_thumb.jpg

without logs there's nothing we can say, try looking at the smsts*.log and appenforce.log and any logs specified when installing the actual app

Still struggling with this, one of the techs imaged 6 Dell e5450's yesterday. All of the applications installed except 2 of the machines were missing Office 2013. Office 2013 is the only application that seems to not install. I have to move to the top of the list so it installs first and I did add the Task Sequence variables you suggested above.

Hi,

In the appenforce.log file above, the office installation exits with 1618 "Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install." So what is the step before the office installation? does it fire of another installation that SCCM doesn't see?

That is where I would start looking.

Regards,
Jörgen​