Lagamorph

Installing language packs during deployment

Hi all,

I'm still very new to SCCM, but am currently working on some task sequences in SCCM 2012 SP2 to deploy Windows Server Operating Systems.

Now I've used the excellent guides here to get to grips with creating some task sequences to perform tasks such as Build & Capture a reference image, and installing/integrating MDT 2013 for additional functionality, however I've hit a stumbling block with what I'm trying to do now.

Essentially the Windows server image that's being deployed is in one language, but I also need to install a language pack for another language onto it during the deployment. I have found this guide, http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/3251-customising-windows-7-deployments-part-4/ , (though this is for Windows 7 and I'm deploying 2008 R2, the basic principles seem to be the same), however I'm stuck at this step, "create a System Center Configuration Manager package that contains one or more language packs". My question is, how do I do that?

I can go into SCCM and create a package, specifying my source files (The folder containing the .cab file I've extracted from the MUI ISO), however I get stuck when it's trying to create the program. I have no idea what I'm supposed to enter into the command line section. I'm assuming this would be an install.bat, but what should the contents of that install.bat be? I'll be going for an unattended/offline install of the language pack during the Deployment task sequence.

Would the install.bat be something along the lines of,

lpksetup.exe /i en-US /r /s /p %SYSTEMDRIVE%\LangPack

Sorry if these are basic questions, but I'm very much learning SCCM as I go.

Hi

The example that you refer to you copy the language packs to the languge folder like SV-SE as the cab files have the same name we can have multiple languages in the same package and control it wiht a variable instead.

Regards,
Jörgen

Ahh I see.

I managed to figure out a way to get it working without the need for an install.bat file. I just needed to create a package without a program, then use the MDT task sequence option to install a language pack offline, pointing to that package. Did a test deployment and appears to have worked flawlessly :)

Avoids the need to copy over the language pack files first and then install using a command line.

I'll get the hang of SCCM eventually I'm sure!

Sorry to bump this, but encountering a new problem along the same route.

I've successfully applied this process to Server 2008R2 to apply the language pack, but it doesn't appear to have been successful for 2008 x86 when I've followed the same steps. I've downloaded the 2008 x86 MUI, then used the above steps to apply the language pack in my task sequence, but the OS still comes up in the non-English language.

I've also configured my Customsettings.ini with the following,

SkipLocaleSelection=YES
KeyboardLocale=0809:00000809
UserLocale=en-GB
UILanguage=en-GB
SkipTimeZone=YES
TimeZoneName=GMT Standard Time
And my Unattend.xml with the following,
<SetupUILanguage>
<UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage>
</SetupUILanguage>
<InputLocale>0809:00000809</InputLocale>
<SystemLocale>en-GB</SystemLocale>
<UILanguage>en-GB</UILanguage>
<UserLocale>en-GB</UserLocale>
But I still get the non-English language from the base image. Is the process for applying language packs in 2008 different to R2?