On some of the SCCM device objects, the System OU Name property shows up as a full path, yet on other objects they show up as just the OU name. These objects are in the same OU and both getting discovered by the AD System Discovery, AD Group Discovery, MP Client Registration, and Heartbeat. It seems as if when you install the client, they will always show the full path, however when the AD System Discovery runs, it removes the full path for some. How can I make the full paths always show up (for collection query purposes)?

post-26370-0-91491700-1442235267.png

I've done some more troubleshooting and have found that on the devices in question, if a Heartbeat Discovery runs (Discovery Data Collection Cycle run from the client) then the System OU Name will have the full path and the devices will fall into the correct collections. However, when the AD System Discovery next runs, the System OU Name will again be shortened to just the OU names, not the whole path, and the devices will again fall out of the collections.

In the domain/forest that the primary site is a part of, this does not appear to happen. The System OU Name always contains the full path regardless of if the AD System Discovery updates the field or the Heartbeat Discovery updates the field. However, the devices this is happening to are not in the same domain as the primary site but instead are all in separate untrusted domains which are being discovered but not published to and do not have the AD schema extended.

So now my question is, is this behavior because the untrusted forests have not had their AD schemas extended and/or the primary site is not publishing to them?

Cleaning up old posts.

I did contact support about this issue and after troubleshoot was told it is a bug. The workaround I'm using is to query the System Resource.Disinguished Name property instead of System Resource.System OU Name property with a value like CN=%,OU=OrganizationalUnit,DC=Domain,DC=com

• Like 1