TimLancer

Windows 10 OSD & mouse/keyboard/F8 issues

Anyone else seeing weird issues with Windows 10 OSD specifically towards the end of the process? I'm not positive if this occurs after the first reboot or not - but it seems to be consistent across different hardware for me.

• Deleted ALL my boot images and started with fresh x86 + x64 boot images created from Windows 10 ADK (non-MDT)
  • Use that x64 boot image to deploy a Windows 7 image and I don't have any issues during OSD. Able to hit F8.
  • Use that same x64 boot image to deploy a Windows 10 image and at some point during OSD I sort of lose my mouse pointer and the ability to press F8. HOWEVER I can see the focus changing if I ALT+TAB and/or click with the mouse so it's not like the devices are dead.

Anyone else not able to hit F8 towards the end of their Windows 10 OSD?

you didn't say what version of ConfigMgr you are using, and/or when exactly you are pressing F8,

does the SMSTS.log file reveal the keypress (it should)

Hi Tim -

I am seeing the same behavior. F8 command prompt support works in the WinPE phase , but not after the first reboot when booting off of the newly installed Windows 10 x64 OS. Command prompt support with the same boot image works fine with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 builds. My boot image was created with the SCCM admin console as an MDT boot image.

Have you had any success with this?

My current environment:

SCCM 2012 R2 (5.00.8239.1000)
MDT 2013 Update 1 (integrated)
Windows 10 ADK
WinPE 10.0

I solved this issue in my environment. Since Tim mentioned that he is not using MDT integration, this may not work for him.

The MDT deployment share that my toolkit was using was not upgraded with MDT2013 Update 1 support. Also, the MDT version that I was using was not the reissued MDT 2013 Update 1 (released on 2015/9/15). Once I updated MDT to the reissued version and upgraded my deployment share with the workbench, F8 command prompt support worked for my Windows 10 builds. Hopefully this helps someone

I have some of these issues: mouse just stop's working after windows is installed and sometimes it doesn't add the workstation to the domain (The trust relationship between this workstation and primary domain failed)...

the domain registration was due to slow connection between DCs...