senseiTX

Software Update Point role on secondary site

I have a secondary site in a DMZ. Clients there can't connect to the primary site's WSUS\Software Update Point on port 8530 but the secondary site server in the DMZ can. Do I need to install WSUS on the secondary site before I install the software update point? If so, can WSUS use the SQL Express database that installed with the secondary site or should I configure it with the WID database?

Thanks!

c

Well I just went for it. I tried without WSUS installed first and the wsyncmgr.log reported errors that no WSUS was configured. I removed the SUP role, installed WSUS on the secondary site with the database feature (not the WID) and chose to not store updates locally, then reinstalled the role. The SUP role installed and is checking in and is happy now.

doitlive.jpeg