Hello everyone :)

I have one question and if you know please answer :)

I want to configure Software update Point in SCCM.

As you know, in Software Update Point Settings there is one section called "Synchronization Source"

66140524834587084917.jpg

In this section there is three options and one of them is Synchronize from Microsoft Update

As I know this option will download updates directly from Microsoft.

And if this option is downloading updates from Microsoft then why I need to install WSUS?

Is there any difference?

To get Windows Update to work with ConfigMgr you need WSUS. ConfigMgr just tell WSUS what to do and must importent when it's allowed to perform the tasks. For instants if you just use WSUS without ConfigMgr then you have no control of when the patching will be performed on the machines and they might reboot to complete the operation. If you use WSUS as a part of ConfigMgr you have total control of when the updates should be ready for download, when patching is allowed and if reboot is required to complete when the reboot is allowed.

Hope this could help.

To get Windows Update to work with ConfigMgr you need WSUS. ConfigMgr just tell WSUS what to do and must importent when it's allowed to perform the tasks. For instants if you just use WSUS without ConfigMgr then you have no control of when the patching will be performed on the machines and they might reboot to complete the operation. If you use WSUS as a part of ConfigMgr you have total control of when the updates should be ready for download, when patching is allowed and if reboot is required to complete when the reboot is allowed.

Hope this could help.

Thank you :)

I have another question ))

I have re-installed WSUS role. (uninstalled WSUS role, Internal Database and deleted SUSDB file)

I have set Synchronization source to Microsoft Update

And now in WSUS Opetions Synchronization source changes automatically.

57331447456727414996.jpg

Also I have tried to delete the following value in regedit but without success

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\WUServer

You should never have to open the WSUS console when you're installing a Software Update point. These are the highlevel steps that you should take to install a SUP for ConfigMgr:

1. Install Windows Features for WSUS

2. Run WSUS post install

3. Install Software Update point.

4. Configmgr Software Update through the ConfigMgr console.

I once wrote a guide for how to install a remote Software Update point on another server than your Primary Site server. The same principles goes for installing it locally on the Primary Site.

http://www.scconfigmgr.com/2013/11/12/install-and-configure-a-remote-software-update-point-in-configmgr-2012/

Although I'd recommend that if you environment does not contain more than 25.000 clients.