Nbritto

Waiting to Install - Applications

Hello,

I'm pretty new to SCCM, and have made some progress in capturing a reference image in a vm, and creating a task sequence to install applications (Office 2010, Sophos antivirus, Reqourdit integration plugin) to a few of our new PCs which I'm testing. Everything seems to be working well except after the machine joins the domain, the applications in the sequence that are supposed to install are just sitting in a status of "Waiting to Install."

I've tried putting a maintenance window on the collection that my test machines are members of, but it does not seem to effect anything.

I'm begining to gather that this is an issue with scheduling, but I'm unable to decipher or gather much from the logs. I must admit I'm not sure which one would give me any concrete clue.

What, other than setting a deadline in my deployment, and creating a maintenance window on my collection could allow for my applications to install immediately after the OS has finished being installed. Also what logs should I focus on to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks for your help!

When you're doing OSD in ConfigMgr, during the task sequence after the Setup ConfigMgr and Windows step has executed the ConfigMgr client is in what is called Provisioning Mode. During this mode, the client is not aware of e.g. Maintenance Windows and other things. What you should do though is to install the latest CU (CU5 for 2012 R2) and incorporate that into the task sequence to get the latest client during OSD. Also, have a look at the AppEnforce.log and AppDiscovery.log files to see what's going on.