cosmic

WSUS problem after SCCM VM restored

Hi guys,

We had some major issue with our configmanager so decided to restore the whole VM from a backup.

Once all been restored, under Component Status I've noticed one Critical Status for SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER:

- Message ID:

- Description: WSUS Synchronization failed.

Message: UssCommunicationError: WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to .
Source: Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS.
From Event Viewer also getting Error -Event 10022 (The last catalog synchronization attempt was unsuccessful.)
can someone please advice of what can be wrong?
regards,
Matt

I'd suggest just like Garth did, to remove the Software Update Point role, make sure it uninstalls correctly. Then remove the WSUS features and add them back, followed by installing the Software Update Point role again.

Guys, thanks a lot for your help, i put all the suggestion into our incident db.

The problem seems to be fixed now.

For some reason, after restoring full vm using CV, configmgr had assigned ip from dhcp and the only network 'manual entry' was the gateway one. bit strange, also the original NIC was hidden.

once again, thanks!