kaisersose1995

Active Directory Security Group Discovery Agent failed to bind to container

Hi,

I'm getting error ID 5354 on component SMS_AD_SECURITY_GROUP_DISCOVERY_AGENT with description:

Error Milestone PRI 02/10/2015 13:20:02 <PRI SITE SERVER> SMS_AD_SECURITY_GROUP_DISCOVERY_AGENT 5354 Active Directory Security Group Discovery Agent failed to bind to container LDAP://OU=TESTACCOUNTS,OU=USERS,DC=AD. Error: There is no such object on the server. -- Extended Error --- LDAP Provider : 0000208D: NameErr: DSID-03100238, problem 2001 (NO_OBJECT), data 0, best match of: 'OU=Users,DC=ad' . Possible cause: The AD container specified earlier might be invalid now. The Domain Controller is inaccessible. Solution: Please verify that the AD container paths specified are valid. Confirm accessibility of the site server to the Domain Controller to be queried.

Now this message is completely valid as the OU TESTACCOUNTS does indeed no longer exist, however I would have expected SCCM to realize that it no longer existed remove it from its discovery run. Under User Discovery I have the main Users OU selected with Recursively search Active Directory child containers, but there is no option like with System Discovery to discount items that are no valid after a given period.

How do I remove this OU from the discovery run to stop the errors?

Thanks

Richard

Hi Peter,

I check the polling schedule on all the discovery methods that have been configured and found full discovery had been set to 7 days, with delta discovery set at 5 minutes. I changed the full discovery to 1 day and checked back this morning to find there was no error now

running a full discovery must have refreshed the site

Richard