horshamit

Application deployment fails on 1st attempt, successful on 2nd - Exit Code 16389

Is there anything the netframework installation logs, normally there here:

“%temp%\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5*.txt”

“%temp%\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5*.html”
&
C:\Windows\Temp\dd_NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU_decompression_log.txt
This might help you to see what's going on.

I've tried a few options now:

1. Expanding the .net package, and then re-zipping it as a self-extracting .exe. I then created a bat file to expand the file, install .net, and then delete the expanded files. This installed .net but SCCM returns a failed code
  2. Then I tried writing an AutoIT script to expand the files and install, but after it expands SCCM fails stating that an installation is already in progress
  3. Finally, i tried writing an AutoIT script that installs from the normal .net install file. Like above, this installed .net successfully but SCCM returns a failed code as it can't detect the installation after completion. I've double checked the Detection Rule is correct, and the registry key is in place after the installation, so I don't know why its not working

Any ideas?

I've noticed that whenever i try any other install option other than the standard NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS.exe the installation is successful, but SCCM reports it as failed as it can't detect the program.

I thought that the detection method was only used before the installation takes place? I've double checked my detection rule and it seems to be correct, and indeed after the installation completes the registry that its looking for is in place.

Any other ideas?

post-30674-0-29505000-1444635517.jpg