Hi everyone ,

i have question and problem with my sccm ,

Recently i noticed that after someone from our helpdesk team deploy an new image we encountered in policy agent issue .

our process is very simple :

take a new computer . we perform boot PXE and deploy image (Task sequence ) i noticed that in my task sequence there is a task that have to install configmgr (client /agent ) on computer .

it's working well but why the agent do not get the policy ? or why in "Configuration Manager" i see only 6 tabs ? the issue happen only in new computer , i have workaround it's uninstall agent using "ccmsetup.exe -uninstall " and then install remotely using SCCM console "install agent" to specific system (computer )

it's very strange and annoying ,

as i know my sccm have to speak with the all agent automatically in 60 minute , but when the new computer push the all policy ?

all new client can ping to sccm server and the firewall is in turn off + NSLOOUK from client to SCCM working ,.

thank you

Hi

i have checked the log and i dont see any error in log file

File C:\Windows\ccmsetup\{181D79D7-1115-4D96-8E9B-5833DF92FBB4}\client.msi installation succeeded.

Task 'Configuration Manager Client Upgrade Task' does not exist

CcmSetup is exiting with return code 0

with your permission i also add that in my sccm there another Mgrclient package that call "Upgrade" maybe i have installed it also?

So that suggest that the client has been installed correctly. it is unclear to me exactly what problem you are having, does the client send inventory to your site server? Does the client any deployments? What six tabs are you talking about?

The problem is that after client installation the agent don't getting all tabs' and all policy , but if i remove the agent and then i will install it using SCCM console "Install agent to specific computer" the all tabs and all policy appear well .

The problem is that after client installation the agent don't getting all tabs' and all policy , but if i remove the agent and then i will install it using SCCM console "Install agent to specific computer" the all tabs and all policy appear well .

That sound like your boundaries are not right. What type of boundaries are you using?

i have IP (network) +AD discovers

old client in same network working well with sccm , the problem is only when i install new image

What exactly is IP Network? is the IP range or IP subnet?

What exactly are the subnet masks of your clients?

What exactly is the IP subnet mask for your AD subnets?

just don't understand how once i remove and install the agent renew the agent working well..

Simple you are force overriding the site assignment. It is not use the automatic site assignment.

Again ... :rolleyes:

my boundary configured as

255.255.0.0 \16

in additional i allowed all Active Directory discovery

You have not listed that you are using a 16bit subnet mask for your boundaries before. And that will be exactly your problem.

Boundaries

=10.10.0.0

Client

= 10.10.234.0

10.10.0.0 != 10.10.234.0

Hence why none of your client are getting assigned

sorry it my mistake the client also in class b

the ip for example

i confused my mistake ,

maybe can you explain me why the remove Client Mgr and reinstall from SCCM console solve the problem ?

again sorry about my mistake

Your client seriously have a 1bit subnet mask. You broadcast domain is huge, I hate to see the network traffic.

What is there to tell based on what you stated you are forcing each client to assign themselves to your site. This might mean that your clients are having problem with deployment too.

so what is your suggestion ?

how can i fixed it ?!

Maybe it's important o mention but 2 weeks ago the our environment worded with PKI , i remove ut and now all clients working "Self sign "

i also change the sccm working from HTTP to HTTPS OR HTTP

i cancel the auto enrollment in GPO , maybe i miss things more ?

In the log "MP_Location i see :

Client is on the internet but the MP is not

MP LM: Message discarded

as errors

all client configured as "Self sign " in certificate line ( configuration manager properties ) except new client that the certificate configure as "None"

as i mentioned all old clients working perfect the problem is only with new clients ...

even they dont know what is the problem , from your experience :

* once you change the environment from PKI to no PKI there are some process to that ?

CRL?uncheck ? check ?

* is there a condition that my image OSD isn't correct ?

From my experience, I have learn to NEVER to setup PKI for CM12/CM07, it is just too much of a pain.

If CSS doesn't know what the problem is then you will likely never get an answer here either. I would continue to work with them.

in "Configuration Manager" i see only 6 tabs ?

Is there a _SMSTaskSequence folder on the root of the OS drive?

I ask because we saw an issue where the client would look like it was installed properly, but not actually work, and instead of having either all of the tabs and 11 actions (normal client) or some of the tabs and only 2 actions (normal client that's not actually approved yet), it would have 5 or 6 actions. The _SMSTaskSequence folder was present, indicating that something had gown wrong during OSD, since this is normally removed automatically. Doing an a full client uninstall/reinstall was the only way to get the clients in this state to work.

Root cause for us was an unexpected reboot during deployment (specifically, one initiated by one of the Applications that was being installed).

From my experience, I have learn to NEVER to setup PKI for CM12/CM07, it is just too much of a pain.

If CSS doesn't know what the problem is then you will likely never get an answer here either. I would continue to work with them.

Ok , thank you , i got the server with PKI and then i decided to cancel it

Is there a _SMSTaskSequence folder on the root of the OS drive?

I ask because we saw an issue where the client would look like it was installed properly, but not actually work, and instead of having either all of the tabs and 11 actions (normal client) or some of the tabs and only 2 actions (normal client that's not actually approved yet), it would have 5 or 6 actions. The _SMSTaskSequence folder was present, indicating that something had gown wrong during OSD, since this is normally removed automatically. Doing an a full client uninstall/reinstall was the only way to get the clients in this state to work.

Root cause for us was an unexpected reboot during deployment (specifically, one initiated by one of the Applications that was being installed).

Can you explain me what you do mean" OS drive"? in my TS there is a task that should install configMgr .. but i suppose that its't your meant isn't?

can you give me more details : when preform uninstall or install i confused (in my task there is task of install Mgr) what is the correct orders ?

your old issue is very similar issue that we have just instead 2 tab we have only 5 tabs (it's still not all ) right for now my work around is uninstall SMS agent from client and install renew and it's working pretty good but agree with me that normally organization can't work like it

Can you explain me what you do mean" OS drive"? in my TS there is a task that should install configMgr .. but i suppose that its't your meant isn't?

can you give me more details : when preform uninstall or install i confused (in my task there is task of install Mgr) what is the correct orders ?

your old issue is very similar issue that we have just instead 2 tab we have only 5 tabs (it's still not all ) right for now my work around is uninstall SMS agent from client and install renew and it's working pretty good but agree with me that normally organization can't work like it

"OS drive" = where Windows is installed.

Hi ,

I found the problem ( i thing ) ..

i notice that in my sccm there are some hotfix that one of them called "KB2905002"

once i deploy new image and then i install manually the KB "KB2905002" the problem solved and all policy working well!

now i read in google that i need insert in "Setup Windows and ConfigMgr " ( Installation Properties ) the hotfix

I have inserted that :

PATCH="%_SMSTSMDataPath%\OSD\INT0000E\Hotfix\KB2905002\Client\x64\configmgr2012ac-r2-kb2905002-x64.msp

But after my image with above hotfix deployed the sccm agent doesn't install , i opened the log and i saw error

Unable to create a temp copy of patch

i have given full permission in folder that contains the hotfix ( everyone full control )

somebody now how can i solve it ?

Thank