0plank0

Group Policy windows 10 Privacy

Question

Hello all,

I've upgraded my sccm server to 2012 sp1 and deployed windows 10

all went fine and applications installed without problems on the windows 10 machine.

Right now i am setting my group policy right and facing a isue of windows 10 what i think need to be turned of in a domain network.

You got different Privacy policy's that can send wifi passwords, account information, Keyboard recorder ( key logger) to the microsoft servers.
Where and how can i set this OFF by group policy?

windows-10-privacy-spying-.jpg

3 answers to this question

That link answered my question!

Now i got the following problem.

i got 2 enviroments, 1 is a windows 2012 server enviroment.

the other is an 2008 R2 enviroment.

I cant find the group policy rules on the 2008 r2 enviroment, now i find windows 2012 / 8 templates by microsoft but i am not sure i've i can upgrade that in a live situation.

How are the GPO stored? the information i found is that i need to overwrite the windows/sysvol/domain/policydefinition folder.

i am affraid that i am overwriting my existing already running group policy's, and then deleting them. how does this work?

is that a folder that display a template and in a other subfolder the policy's er defined and overlaying the templates? can i replace the ADM and ADMX files with the new 2012 files in a live situation?