elettroman

SCCM Task Sequence - How to request credential to join wks to domain

Hi,

we're looking the possibility to request Username and Password ( so the HD staff can specify while we deploy a OS Task sequence (windows 7 standard image)).

I saw the possibility to add a Variable to the device collection for request the computer name while the OSD start so i belive that if i add OSD varialble (OSDJoinAccount, OSDJoinDomainName, OSDJoinPassword, OSDJoinType) to the collection (and i specify the data request during the deployment ) the sccm join the client on domain with this credential but it doesn't work.

what'is wrong ?

Thank's in Advance.

SCCM 2012 R2 Sp1 on windows 2012 server.

Hi, i did not !

I think that the variable inserted into the devicecollection , execute the action directly (join domain) taking the place of the step in the task sequence

Putting the variable %OSDJoinAccount% on the step "apply Network Settings" (account field), the sequence correctly puts the pc in the domain

thank's for clarify