Apexes

Multiple deployments mass re-running

hey,

i've had a few users complain over the last week of applications that have already been successfully deployed reinstalling on the machine again.

Not just one, but about 10-15 of them all in succession.

The applications are set to Always re-run to allow a reinstall if required, but something is triggering them to all go at once onto a machine it's been deployed onto. I know the quick fix is to set to only re-run when failed previous attempt, but i'd prefer to keep always re-run set as an option.

I've checked for client re-install, nothing has happened.

The only difference in this case i've spotted is the user is on a VPN boundary today compared to an office LAN boundary yesterday.

Wondered if anyone had experienced the same issue?

First thought that occurs to me is, is the reinstallation actually a reinstallation from the same deployment that installed the application originally or is it being installed again by a different deployment of the same application?

Do you have multiple deployments of the applications that are affected, and if so are the affected machines for some reason becoming members of more than one collection with a deployment of this application?

There's only one deployment of the application in the first instance, so it appears to be re-running that.

it seems odd that it's triggering everything that's been deployed to that machine since it was registered as a client, and it does it all in one go.

Have checked for multiple deployments of the same app, and nothing :/ it's sporadic and intermittent, had 2 today, didn't have any last week!