theordinaryone

SCCM / SCEP Client Updates

I'm new to SCCM and its associated products, so apologies if this is something rather basic, but I've set up a lab and am wondering how to update the SCEP and SCCM Clients, and also the SCCM server software. I've setup a SUP and have endpoint definitions updating via an automatic deployment rule, but I can't for the life of me find the update product categories to select for SCCM 2012 r2, the SCCM client, or the endpoint client. They just don't seem to be listed as far as I can tell?

In the case of the SCEP client, I tried selecting Forefront client updates, but these just come back as not required.

Any help is appreciated!

SCCM updates don't come down from WSUS they are from patching your environment with either a Service Pack(SP) or a Cumulative Update(CU).

Forefront (Endpoint) Updates do come down from WSUS and can be selected by the product Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 (they haven't updated the naming)

• Like 1