sccm_freak

pxe not working

Question

mmm , ok let me tell you what did i do so far and to which level i reached hoping to solve this issue as this is the only thing that isnt working in SCCM , every other feature is working just fine :(

1) installed MDT 2008 with SP1

2) installed WDS on the SCCM server and i DIDNT configure any images or boot files on WDS i just configured the server itself so that i can allow it to accept both known and unknown clients with a delay of 5 secs ( PXE is using delay of 3 secs )

3) installed the PXE role on SCCM server

4) did all the steps from part 1 to part 5 related to deploying vista

now i started to receive the black screen , the following problems i faced

1) it was stuck on the connecting to server with alot of dots then it just gives me pxe bort aborted : boot to the next device

the solution for this problem is i discovered that the laptop im testing on : its dell inspirion is x64 in archtitcture and what im using is an x86 boot image , when i started to use the x64 boot image i found its working fine and not dot stucks

2) another problem i faced is i cant have a DHCP lease , the problem i discovered is when i restarted the SCCM server i found some errors related to WDS and PXE , i just restarted those 2 services manually and it started to receive a DHCP lease ( ill work on this error that i face when i restart the server each time later )

3) now my current problem that im stuck on is :

i turn on the laptop , receive a DHCP lease , it gives me contacting server 192.168.100.217 , it starts loading then i receive the SCCM screen and it starts loading some stuff then it says starting network connections then starting windows startup finally IT REBOOTS then it enters the PXE screen again and show me the following error :

pxe boot aborted

any idea what is the problem ? NOTE that during the steps i followed from anyweb wonderful articles i didnt configure drivers nor driver packages ( i dont think that is the problem becasue there isnt a specific driver to use while booting that laptop plus vista loads most of the necessary drivers by itself , if im wrong tell me please )

help please as this is the last feature to activate on SCCM

thanks

i have added them and they didnt work :(

after contacting the sccm server :

windows is loading files

the vista loading screen

initilizing hardware devices

windows is starting up

REBOOT!!!

PXE Boot aborted. Booting to next device….

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.

any idea what is the problem ?

i tried now on another laptop HP compaq 610 , without adding the drivers it gave me the same problem andwith adding the problems also it gave me the same problem , it just gives you after windows is starting up , preparing network connections then it restarts and so on

any help please would be appreicated

anyweb ??

update : i dont see at all this sentence

tftp download: smsboot\x64\abortpxe.com

is that necessary to appear ? becasue i read from other blogs and found all of them showing this sentence but for me it doesnt appear at all , is that ok ?

yes its vista drivers and based on anyweb articles inected them to the x64 boot image ( the one im using ) and to be on the safe side i injected them in both :)

what is weird for me is i read about 2 log files

1) smsts.log

2) smspxe.log

they arent on the server nor they are created !!! is this normal as well ?

Hi there

Dont mind the X64 or the X86 :)

If you installing an OS X86 you have to use the X86 boot image.

If you installing an OS X64 then you have to use X64 boot image.

You have to inject the Vista driver in both the boot images.

What type of OS are you installing?

The architecture of the laptop are computer doesnt matter :)