Adam Bise

Client Push broken for Windows 10

Hoping I am missing something, because from what I can tell automatic client push is not working for Windows 10 clients.

I have SCCM 2012 R2 SP1

The windows 10 clients are in the same IP address range as windows 7-8 clients, where client push is working automatically.

Yet for Windows 10 clients, the job never shows up in ccm.log at all. Unless I trigger a manual install by right clicking and choosing install client, at which point it works great. So it's just the AUTOMATIC part that is broken.

For these Windows 10 clients, they do show up in devices as no client, and properties show they are assigned to a site by the boundary group.

Any suggestions?

I tried updating to CU1 and that didn't fix the issue. I was hoping it was because of KB3073015

Since then I have tried deleting the Win10 devices form the database and re-adding them via system discovery, but still no client push.

I did get the following message in ccm.log after the machines were re-added:

Execute query exec [sp_CP_CheckNewAssignedMachine] N'P01', 1 SMS_CLIENT_CONFIG_MANAGER 10/28/2015 9:48:28 AM 6456 (0x1938)

I created a win10 collection to use for installing the client for now.

just a little more info...

The error I get in the CCM.log is ERROR: Target machine (machine name) must be Windows 2003 SP2 or Windows XP SP3 or newer.

I tried upgrading to SP2 but had critical issues with the management point so I rolled back to SP1 from a restore. Our AD schema has not been extended.