sbuck

Office 2013 Pro Plus Enable OneDrive for Business & Lync Problems

Here's my situation guys,

We are running SCCM 2012 R2 and over time, have manually imaged our Windows 7 machines (500+) with the basic Office items for end users...(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, OneNote). We need to get Lync and OneDrive for Business enabled for the end users now. I know that I can go to Programs and Features, click Office 2013 and hit Change and set OneDrive for Business & Lync to Run From My Computer and it will work.

I'm fairly new to making custom xml's and I've looked around and found these option states but it still doesn't work for me.

<OptionState Id="LyncCoreFiles" State="local" Children="force" />
<OptionState Id="GrooveFiles2" State="local" Children="force" />

Are there any other option states that must be advertised, or locally set in order to get both to work?

I appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks

Hi Sbuck

Office 2013 SP1 has a known bug with lync and one drive for business when using the OCT so must be the same for xml deployment method also. TBH I use the OCT to preconfigure custom features this worked a treat with office 2010 and office 2013 non SP1. It only turned out to be an issue with the introduction of OFF2013 SP1 with one drive and lync.

To save headaches what I have done is reverted back to using the Office 2013 non SP1 source files and used the OCT to create my preconfigured deployment options which included lync and one drive and then created a seperate package for the SP1 update and attached it directly after the Office 2013 non SP1 task in the sequence. This way I have lync and one drive on the deployed system and also SP1 update.

Hope this helps.