CraigSCCM

SMS_STATE_SYSTEM Critical, loads of errors :(

So from speaking to Intune support this morning he mentioned that CU2 came out last night. Now as my current SCCM environment is R2 CU4 (not R2 SP1 CU1 as that is now knackered!) I told him that upgrading to the latest and greatest is not ideal as the current set-up can't get the extensions downloaded, so that should be the focus of the problem. He then said that there is a chance R2 CU4 is now unsupported and we have to upgrade...I asked him politely to check that before we think about upgrading.

I don't think MS understand this issue which is concerning but if CU2 fixes it, then i'll be a happy SCCM'er. Going to install CU2 on my home lab now and see if it works.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3100144

Saw this yesterday aswell that CU2 came out, i plan to install it in our lab enviroment. But as we dont have mobile devices in that enviroment i cannot see if it helps or not, we have a intune subscription activated and a connector installed.

Let us know if it helps or not.

Just finished upgrading my home lab from SP1 CU1 to CU2 and the compmon.log gets an execution state for all of the other components expect for...

Can not get the current execution state for component Windows_Intune_Service since it is not installed or completed installing

So basically back to square one.

Am I being impatient? probably but I'm not convinced CU2 is going to fix the problems with the connector component.

If anyone else has installed CU2 and have had any success please let me know! :(

I hate to say it but it looks like CU2 might fix the issues. Well it's fixed the missing extensions on my new SCCM environment anyway...however the home lab on the same CU version doesn't have any extensions still so i'm remaining skeptical and confused.

post-22281-0-51547300-1447253851.png

Now the next test is to enrol a device and see if the SMS_STATE_SYSTEM critical errors disappear.

I'll let you know how I get on.

The message "Can not get the current execution state for component Windows_Intune_Service since it is not installed or completed installing" is probably because the service isnt running. I have that one 2 sccm enviroments with intune connector. And as i explained before i am not sure that services is even being used with intune and sccm 2012.

Correct me if i am wrong.

But let us know how it works out with sms_state_system errors

You're right Bumbi85, I think those messages are nothing but...

post-22281-0-86320800-1447255083.png

So I'm right back where I started and where all of us have been from the very beginning. I've literally just enabled iOS9 extensions, created a configuration item, added it to a baseline and deployed the baseline to a user collection.

I'm not even going to both trying a Windows phone yet.

ho-hum. Back to Intune support I go.

:(

Well this sucks.. GG Microsoft

Do you have it narrowed down to it's when you deploy a configuration baseline the problem shows it self?

The weird thing is i had our baseline deployed weeks before this started.

Same mate, our Baselines were configured December last year, so I can't see it being that :(

Have any of you guys tried to deploy any mobile apps recently to see if they get pulled down and can work?

Morning chaps.

So here is what I know...

• our managed phones cannot receive configuration baselines or apps pushed through SCCM
  • we can remotely retire/wipe and push down compliance policies to my Windows phone

I don't understand how a compliance policy (out of the box config so must be at least 6 characters) gets to my Windows phone within minutes yet a simple configuration baseline with the same setting doesn't?

The Intune engineer has been in touch this morning and we've given him a login to enrol an iPad he has. I can see it's enrolled and we get the same errors again. At least this time he can grab the logs from the device and analyse them.

Hopefully hear something back a little later on this morning.