joengelhart

Reboots in TS not working correctly?

I see that you use a Restart Computer step imediatly after the Setup Windows and ConfigMgr step. I've seen this causing issues in combination with applications when the Notify the user before restarting checkbox is cleared and by that removing the Message display time-out. If you really need that restart step, make sure it has at least the default time-out. Otherwise the client might have to little time to successfully initialize.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have removed the restart step and am now getting error code 0x87D01011 on the firefox step. However I know firefox works because I use it in another TS with no issues. I keep getting random error messages at different spots.

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help this is driving me crazy.

System Center is driving me crazy. I just ran the same Task Sequence with windows 7 and windows 8. One got to installing VNC and then died with error 0x87d00215. The other died at installing CITRIX with the same error.... Why would it be failing with the same error at different spots.

Any help would be great as this has been going on for 2 weeks now :(

not everyone wants to or should forget about using applications, as they do provide way more options than the legacy packages provide,

start by figuring out why the application is failing to install, the logs should reveal the reason, then resolve it and try again.

not everyone wants to or should forget about using applications, as they do provide way more options than the legacy packages provide,

start by figuring out why the application is failing to install, the logs should reveal the reason, then resolve it and try again.

I am installing my applications using Packages as I thought it would help me with some of my issues as per some other threads. If I get lucky I can sometimes get a complete image to go through with all apps. 90% of the time it fails. It does not appear to be an issue with one application as I have had the TS die during different application installs leading me to believe it's something else going on in the background causing the Ts to crap out. I will image a new machine and attach the logs. I also attached some SMSTS logs up above in another post from another machine but i will get some fresh ones.

Other things I have observed:

Doesn't matter what OS it is.

Doesn't matter if it's a clean install or a "refresh"

I'm not convinced it's a single problem.

Issues appeared after upgrading to CU2

Client installs CU2 update once image finishes, even if it fails to complete the TS. (Just upgraded SCCM to a CU so this may be the normal action for others)

HELP would be great! I'm at such a loss. This is by far the longest issue I have ever had with System Center

are you installing apps as applications or packages, if as packages include your smsts.log if as apps include the appenforce.log

Here is the SMST.logs from a freshly imaged machine that just failed. I'm not seeing that it is an issue with my package as I test deployed it and it installs fine.

Ideas?

Thanks!

smsts.log

smsts-20151130-094628.log

smsts-20151130-102049.log