AaronBISSELL

Random Imaging Failures

Hello Windows Noob Community!

I have an odd question that I am hoping the expert minds of this forum can help me remediate.

My SCCM 2012 environment consists of 1 site containing 13 distribution points all over the world. I have PXE enabled at each location, which is working wonderfully.

My issue is, randomly, at only 1 location - I will get image failures. As well, it's not all the time. I can image on the same exact port using the same exact computer 10 times and it will work 9 of the times. The failures usually happen about mid way through the imaging process, at random times within the task sequence. Some times after the OS install, it will fail to install any applications. Other times... it will install only a few of the apps and then fail.

The logs all contain errors like this, when it happens...

post-24653-0-48745400-1447167845.png

It looks like it tries a few times to connect to the distribution point but is unable to - and then results in failure. The error codes are actually pretty difficult to find solid information on...the errors in the majority of the forums I read always have 1 or 2 more items listed along with the error that helps point them in a direction. So, I was wondering if we could spark up a conversation and perhaps bring some resolution to my service desk teams who randomly struggle to image!

The part that really bothers me... is that using the same port, same PC, and imaging one after another - I can get 1 that works, and 2 that fail - each failing in a different spot. Bleh

Thanks!

Have a similar problem at one location with same symptoms as yours.

I have put it down to network issue for now as if I test on 3 VMs on server VLAN it is successful all the time, but if I try edge VLAN with physical system deployment it is random. The same TS works in another location on same model no problem, so this leads me to believe its networking issue at this location.

Maybe some members can add to this as it would be good to get definitive answer.

For now it's a FAT image deployed at this location :(

Error code 8007274c:

error.JPG

If you have VLANs on your network you can simply add devices\VMs to same VLAN as DP and then see if you get same result.

If deployments are successful on this network then you have a better case to bring to them. and they will have to do some digging.