bman

Win 10 Start Menu

Question

Hello,

I am deploying Windows 10 to a new PC with MDT 2013 Update 1.

I have customized the Start Menu to only show the apps I want instead of the default ones and using powershell exported the menu settings as an XML file. In the task sequence for the deployment I have a powershell script running to import the xml file and set the start menu to the way I want. Everything works as long as I have the copy profile set to false in the answer file. If I set it to true the start menu is not as the xml file sets it. Any ideas as to what I need to do to get it working with the copy profile set to true?

5 answers to this question

I customized things such as the task bar, explorer, computer icon on the desktop, etc.

When I say I copied the profile I set up the reference image logged in as local admin and did the customizations under that profile. Then captured it. In the answer file I had copy profile set to true in the specialize pass.

yeah well copyprofile is evil and will cause you problems sooner or later, don't use it, even if it means you'll have to do lots of steps to get the look you want. Or do use it and wonder why you have issues.

• Like 1