danhowitt

Running simple scripts from %ScriptRoot%

Question

Hello

I am trying to put together an imaging process for where I work using MDT and WDS, I am learning to do it as I do it and so there is much much I not understand.

Does MDT copy the %ScriptRoot% some where on to the C drive? If I say wanted to copy a file from the deployment share on to the C drive how would I go about doing this?

When you execute a script you have placed in %ScriptRoot% how do you give the script access to a network share and the local C drive of the client computer simultaneously if you say wanted to copy a file from the share to local c drive? Or maybe this is already done for you if you place it in %ScriptRoot% - if not is it possible to edit the scripts such as LTICopyScripts.wsf and get it to copy your custom script across for you so you can then run it with only local permissions. Just seems to be a pants way of doing things - there must be something I am missing?

I have spent a long time googling and searching forums and maybe its an easy answer (hopefully) but I am struggling - if you can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Thanks

Dan

1 answer to this question

I figured this out via a script called LTICopyScripts.wsf which is run by the task CopyScripts in the default task sequence, certain scripts are copied to the location C:/Minint - which is removed at some point during the imaging process. So if you modify LTICopyScripts.wsf to include your own files they will also be copied across and you can run things from this folder before it is removed.

Also I was doing something stupid, scripts can be run directly from the network share without having provide additional permissions - those permissions are already provided some how via the imaging process.

cheers

Dan