wilbywilson

how to designate pagefile location in OSD Task Sequence

We've got a working OSD Task Sequence (integrating MDT 2013), which has a C (OSDisk) partition, as well as a D partition, per the company's requirements.

Right now, OSD is putting the Windows pagefile on the D partition. But we would like for the pagefile to automatically be placed on the C drive. How can one accomplish that? Is there a step in the task sequence that needs to be customized/added?

Thanks!

Anyweb, I hear what you're saying, and I totally agree in principle.

My first suggestion to the management staff was for 1 single drive. I don't know if it's because of previous standards already established, or something that's being passed down from "corporate." If I can give them a number of compelling reasons on why they SHOULDN"T have 2 partitions in the main OSD image, I may be able to convince them to change their minds. So, I guess I have 2 questions now:

1) What specific complexities/problems does having 2 partitions (as opposed to 1) in the OSD image have?

2) If I can't convince management to go with 1 single C partition, what's the best method (ideally automated through the task sequence) to assign the Windows pagefile to the D partition?

Thanks!