Question

I am trying to update my Windows 10 test workstations to update 1511 through SCCM. I have both KB3105211 and KB3105213 downloaded and deployed, but my clients are only getting KB3105213 and remaining at Windows versions 10240. They are also showing compliance without KB3105211 installed. When I check the cache the update is on the workstation but it never gets installed. My SUP is only checked to sync Windows 10 and Windows 10 LTSB updates. Any ideas on what is going on?

Running SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 R2

2 answers to this question

Only ConfigMgr vNext will succesfully install that update via the software update process. That is not supported via the current version of ConfigMgr. For the current version the approach should be the upgrade task sequence. See for more information this: http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/13251-first-major-update-for-windows-10-available-today-windows-10-version-1511/

Hi rroberts,

As I understand it :

KB3105213 is the November Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 10240

KB3105211 is the November Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 10586 (1511)

To get to 1511 you can use ConfigMgr vNext , or a clean install (in either case you will need the 1511 image)

I succesfully tested the above cases.

Regards,

AndreiT