edie209

2012R2 SP1 not completing the Task Sequence

I have noticed that since upgrading to 2012R2 SP1, Task Sequences will go no further than "Setup Windows and Configuration Manager" going to the login prompt after a reboot at that point.

I have searched around and have noticed people talking about "microsoft configuration manager client upgrade 6.0 all" yet on inspection I still have "microsoft configuration manager client upgrade 5.0 all"

I suspect that this is probably my problem but I can't find and information on how to upgrade microsoft configuration manager client.

Thanks in advance for any help

Edit I have just seen that I have to manually create the microsoft configuration manager client upgrade 6.0 all package

Ok I think I may have got confused here, does the default Configuration Manager Client Package get upgraded Or do I have to have two steps the default and then the upgrade?

it does but then you might add a CU to the server in which it includes a client update... In the Installation properties in the task sequence you can add the PATCH variable eg... PATCH='%_SMSTSMDataPath%\OSD\ADC0001\hotfix\KB3082531\x64\configmgr2012ac-sp2r2sp1-kb3082531-x64.msp’

There are a few way to do this.. this article is one way:

http://www.scconfigmgr.com/2014/03/26/install-kb2910552-hotfix-for-configmgr-2012-r2-client-during-osd/