limiteddenial

SCCM - Active Directory System Discovery OU Name issues

Question

I'm having some consistency issues with the Active Directory system discovery. I have one domain that populates the "System OU Name" differently than the rest of the domains. I have looked at the domain controllers and the service accounts and I'm not seeing anything that would cause the property to be populated differently. There are only 2 obvious differences between the domains. The one that isn't working like the others has the domain functional level as Windows Server 2012 and isn't trusted by the domain that the primary site is joined to.

I have 3 domains setup for Active Directory system discovery. Discovery settings are all setup the same, Search path LDAP://OU=Desktop,DC=My,DC=DOMAIN. Each domain has a different service account used for the discovery.

Systems are found in all the domains but the "System OU Name" property is different in the domain with the functional level of Windows Server 2012.

This is what the "System OU Name" property looks like when discovered from a domain with the functional level of Windows Server 2003, as expected.

post-30560-0-39654000-1449777731.jpg

This is what the "System OU Name" property looks like when discovered from a domain with the functional level of Windows Server 2012.

post-30560-0-87000900-1449777731.jpg

Environment Information

SCCM Version: SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU2

Correct domains:

Domain functional level: Windows Server 2003

Forest functional level: Windows Server 2003

Primary Site is joined to this domain

AD Schema extended

SCCM servers published

Incorrect Domains

Domain functional level: Windows Server 2012

Fores functional level: Windows Server 2012