abhi1411

SCCM Console Builder

Hi All,

I am currently working on one of the complex solutions in which we require data from multiple databases into single database and then from there get it published in SCCM.

I was able to create a single DB and was able to add required column to R_System. But I am not able to get that customized new column visible in SCCM Console. I can see Class name as R_System having only default properties (default columns) but not mine newly created column that was added in DB.

I had added column in one in of the default tables (R_System) of SCCM SQL DB.

Please let me know that do I need to amend DLL files to get new column visible or there is some other way around to do this.

Thanks in Advance.

First off it is not supported to publish data into CM12 like you are suggesting.

Doing what you have done is completely unsupported and you will need to undo it every time you apply a SP or CU.

Why does the data need to be in CM12 at all?

Why does the data need to be seen in CM12 console?

Hi Garth,

Thanks for the update.

Taking 1 e.g, We need this as we have various windows server which have different patching cycle and reboot schedules and user changes this information very often. This info is updated on self service portal by a user and goes to sql DB. Now we want to integrate that information in SCCM sql DB (done that part) so that servers moves to different patching collections automatically. and also show that as property of system in SCCM console to identify which servers in under which patching cycle.

Keep in mind that everything in ConfigMgr goes through the SMS provider, which is basically a WMI provider. The information in the console is also based on queries on the provider, which means on WMI. That will make it quite difficult to query on an unsupported change in the database.

Let me repeat myself, what you are doing is completely unsupported and you WILL need to undo this every time you apply a SP or CU. There is no way around it.

Now to the issue at hand, there are lots of way to do this in a supported manor. The question is how much effort do you want to give this?

Why not have user enter this information in a pretty interface within WMI and inventory this, which populate your MW collections?

Why not use the CM12 SDK to modify the db and therefore you have populate MW collection based on this?

Why not allow user to move their computer within the correct collection (aka maintenance window collection), using the SDK and Website?

Why not have SCORCH move the computer within the correct collection based on data from the website/database?

• Like 2

Hi Garth,

I trying SCORCH for my solution. Now I had created one script in runbook which gives me result as CSV file. Now its like computer names in column A and names of collections in Column B. so now how can i import different computers to different collections.

I had integrated SCCM connector to SCORCH.