tjwillians74

In SCCM 2012 R2 a SQL Type Error During Import

I tried to bring a new image (wim file) into my configuration manager under operating system images folder. The wim file creation went fine using sccm task sequence media we created, but it errors on import. Looking for possible suggestions on whats causing this and how to act next.

Error: Errors
•	The SMS Provider reported an error.
•	ConfigMgr Error Object:
instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus
{
•	CauseInfo = "3";
•	Description = "CSspPkgProgram: DISTSRC_SQL_ERROR";
•	ErrorCode = 3242722565;
•	File = "e:\\qfe\\nts\\sms\\siteserver\\sdk_provider\\smsprov\\ssppackage.cpp";
•	Line = 1110;
•	Operation = "PutInstance";
•	ParameterInfo = "";
•	ProviderName = "ExtnProv";
•	SQLMessage = "[23000][2627][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'SMSPackages_L_PK'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.SMSPackages_L'. The duplicate key value is (GC2000D3). : tr_SMSPackages_ins";
•	SQLSeverity = 14;
•	SQLStatus = 2627;
•	StatusCode = 2147749889;
};

Something interesting happened, I don't understand exactly why but it worked. Something I was doing that I changed was this. When at the add operating system image wizard, I had a path similar to this \\myserver\images\Server 2012 R2 Dell1\server2012r2dell1.wim and on the next screen under name I changed the default to "Server 2012 R2 Dell1" which was a direct copy and paste of the words in the path. When I did that it gave me an error, if I left it at the default name on the general screen of the add operating system image wizard, it let me add it. I could then go the properties of that OS image and change the name to something more descriptive. I've been able to add 3 more images since doing this.