chimmez

Strange date and time issue

Hi everyone,

just a quick and strange bug. I have a captured Windows 10 1511 ENT wim, which is clean except for the removal of a few 'modern' apps (i.e. Xbox etc). This wim is being deployed from SCCM Current Branch and is a really basic task sequence (nothing too complicated going on, just the regular deploy ts). The systems are then being joined to the domain.

After about 30 minutes, the date and time of the system reverts to when the Wim was captures (last Friday). Not only does the system time change, it changes the time in the BIOS of the machines. The system gets the correct time at the time of deployment.

An Event ID of "1" gets logged, that simply says that the reason for a time change is "An Application or system component changed the time".

Any ideas why this would happen? Seems a little odd..

Thanks!

This issue kept me busy the whole freeking week, I gave up frustrated and removed the apps offline via DISM from the original install.wim

I created and captured the reference machine on VM (VMware ESXi 5.5 and Hyper-V) with the same effect. Same procedure as i created all

Reference machines previously (WIN8.1 and 7 and Server 2012R2), never had this strange behaviour :(

Best Regards from Germany,

Benjamin