Question

I need help with Software Updates on SCCM 2012. Client machine has "Downloading (0% complete)" in the Software Center for every update. There are about thirty updates that apply to this client machine.

What I have done:

• Created an Update List
  • Created a Deployment Package with the Updates. Downloaded the Updates and distributed the content to a DP. Content status is success.
  • A Boundary is defined for the client. The Boundary is in a Boundary Group. The Boundary Group is assigned to the DP.
  • The Deployment for the Update List is targeted to a Collection with one machine in it. Updates are ​available as soon as possible. Updates are mandatory at a future date.

Why are the updates all "Downloading (0% complete)" in the Software Center? Am I missing something? Thanks.

2 answers to this question

The mandatory install time has now passed. Now the update status is "Past due - will be installed". However when I click on one of the updates in the Software Center and then click "install" the status goes back to "Downloading (0% complete)".

Still stumped. If you have any ideas please let me know.

the updates is running out of maintainance window, try deploying the updates with option download updates asap and install updates asap.

Remember to delete the data store contents and download folder contents under software distribution folder, run machine policy evaluation and software evaluation cycle.