Question

Hello,

I am trying to PXE boot surface pro 4 and for some reason it does not boot. I get the attached message. It tries to PXE over IP v4, then reaches my correct DP that has PXE and WDS, it finds the correct NBP file SMSBoot\x64\wdsnbp.com (this is specified in DHCP option), it appears to be downloading and NBP file is successfully downloaded. Then without prompting to press Enter key for PXE boot, it moves to IPV6.

I have tried below but no luck

• Upgrade firmware to latest
  • disable secure boot
  • Removed DHCP option - but this time it doesn't even finds my PXE server
  • Verified and made sure MAC address of network adapter is not registered with SCCM DB
  • Tried docking station and no luck

I can PXE boot a desktop on same network with no issues.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks.

post-32667-0-08670900-1451592758.jpg

have you enabled PXE on the x64 boot image and made sure to attach that boot image to the deployed task sequence ? have you also distributed both architecture boot wims to the dp's ?

how are you connecting the SP4 to the network, via the USB network cable or via the DOCK ?

Thanks for your reply.

"have you enabled PXE on the x64 boot image" - .yes this is deployed. Bot x86 and x64 boot images are deployed to WDS server and i can see them in remoteinstall folder under SMSBootImages. Both boot image packages are deployed to DP's

I am using a USB docking station. I tried with USB adapter as well with not change is result.

I'm having the same problem's with our Surface Pro 4's (I'll be referring to them as SP4 from now on). I've confirmed that I can UEFI PXE a dell 9020 pc so I know my DHCP server is working for UEFI. For reasons unknown when I try and PXE my SP4's I'm getting the following:

>>Start PXE over IPv4.

Station IP address is x.x.x.x

Server IP address is x.x.x.x(Our SCCM server which is also running WDS)

NBP filename is SMSBoot\x64\wdsnbp.com

NBP filesize is 30832 Bytes

Downloading NBP file...

Succeed to download NBP file.

Then my SP4 will reboot back to the "BIOS" because I've disabled IPv6. I've updated the firmware on the SP4 to the latest available from Microsoft. I'm not sure why the SP4 is getting pointed to the wdsnbp.com file since I've got DHCP pointing client's to wdsmgfw.efi...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

well for UEFI network boot to work you need to have dhcp scope options 66/67 removed if they are set and configure iphelpers to point to the ip address of the distribution point hosting the WDS server. Can you video the PXE boot attempt ? what does the smspxe.log (on the dp) reveal ? do any UEFI only devices PXE boot and if they do are they booting from the x64 boot wim or an x86 one....

Hi,

I am unable to do PXE boot in surface pro 4. But i could able to boot USB based boot.

Even though i kept network boot as first boot it is not booting at all.

How to get the Prompt "Start PXE over IPv4" I am not able to do the PXE boot itself.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Pearl