Question

Hello,

I am trying to PXE boot surface pro 4 and for some reason it does not boot. I get the attached message. It tries to PXE over IP v4, then reaches my correct DP that has PXE and WDS, it finds the correct NBP file SMSBoot\x64\wdsnbp.com (this is specified in DHCP option), it appears to be downloading and NBP file is successfully downloaded. Then without prompting to press Enter key for PXE boot, it moves to IPV6.

I have tried below but no luck

• Upgrade firmware to latest
  • disable secure boot
  • Removed DHCP option - but this time it doesn't even finds my PXE server
  • Verified and made sure MAC address of network adapter is not registered with SCCM DB
  • Tried docking station and no luck

I can PXE boot a desktop on same network with no issues.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks.

post-32667-0-08670900-1451592758.jpg

Hi

Thanks for the quick response.

I have followed the below procedure,

1. Press and hold the Volume Down button.
  2. Press and release the Power button.
  3. After the system begins to boot from the USB stick successfully
  4. In the same USB port, if i connect surface pro Ethernet adapter it is not booting in to PXE. Not even showing Starting PXE over IP4.(I am using surface pro 2 USB-etherner adapter)

Hi,

Thanks,

I have set already 1. PXE network 2. USb storage 3. internal storage.

Since have only one usb port on the device i have to remove usb and connect usb-Ethernet adpater is the only option i have.

Even though i am not getting and significant message/screen displays related to PXE boot...

Is there any firmware update required?

I have attached the boot order screenshot

Regards,

Pearl

post-33190-0-02876800-1458212901.jpg

are you sure you are shutting down the computer and not just powering off. ? can you video the PXE boot process that you see or does it completely ignore PXE boot and just boot straight into the os ?

I am trying to PXE boot surface pro 4 and for some reason it does not boot. It tries to PXE over IP v4, then reaches my correct DP that has PXE and WDS, it finds the correct NBP file SMSBoot\x64\wdsnbp.com, then without prompting to press Enter key for PXE boot, it moves to IPV6, then it resets and goes to boot to hard drive. I was able to get it to boot through usb with no issues but were looking to have this working with sccm 2012 r2 sp1 cu3 so we can deploy to more units in the future.

I have tried:

• Upgrade firmware to latest
  • DHCP option are not set, ALL systems are on the same vlan
  • Booting from Ethernet Adapter
  • Added surface pro adapter successfully to the X64 boot image

I can PXE boot all other system except for this model only with no issues.

Has anyone got it to work?

SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 CU3

Boot Image 10.0.26624.0

SCCM

NOTE: Found that device was attached to an already imaged SP4 listed in SCCM. I found this on SMSPXE.log. found this page useful to determine which device it was attached to. Also had some good useful reporting logs to use. I did the excluded adapter device in regedit to make sure I am able to reuse the device.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2015/08/27/reusing-the-same-nic-for-multiple-pxe-initiated-deployments-in-system-center-configuration-manger-osd/