anyweb

How can I use Updates and Servicing in Offline mode in System Center Configuration Manager (Current Branch) ?

Hi,

While trying to update my sccm version from 1702 by following your blog,

ServiceConnectionTool.exe -connect -usagedatasrc c:\temp\UsageData\usagedata.cab -updatepackdest C:\temp\UpdatePacks

Running above command in internet connected machine with Server 2012 R2 OS and Both the visual C++ Redistributable x86 & x64 file installed and with .net Framework 4.7.2 .

After above command for connect it is show an error as given below

Uploading and downloading data is in progress. Please wait...
ERROR: Prerequisites for this tool do not seem to be satisfied.

Log file for ServiceConnectionTool attached.

Can you please guide me to download sccm update files for my upgrade.

ServiceConnectionTool.log

"The machine where the tool runs must be a x64 bit system and has VC++ Redistributable. Please refer to the tool's documentation for more details on prerequisites."

is it?

well can you tell me if you've satisfied the other requirement, " has VC++ Redistributable "

when you run it now are you getting the same error or a new one, ? are you running it on the site server or are you running it remotely on another computer ? more details about what you are doing/have tried will help with the troubleshooting

I've linked a screen capture that deals with my question.  As I was setup one of the SCCM updates I ran into a screen that had to do with Client Update Settings.  The bottom selection had a senetence in it that said, "Later, you can overwrite the production package using Client Update Options in the Updates node of the Configuration Manager console."  Great, except I have no idea where "Updates" node is.  Where is that at?

969679061_sccmnodeupdate.thumb.jpg.f2b03203d9dda347279f8f7e8e6bcb21.jpg

Great guide,  but have 1 question,  after importing all i can see is that downloads state is set to "Available to download". Would you have any suggestion as to why this would not fully download?  SCCM version 1810 trying to patch to 2002 

IMG20200731083750.jpg

Edited by SomeGreyBloke