Dennis

Only run task if IP subnet

Question

Is it possible to make a task sequence check if correct IP address before start? Example i don't want the task to run if IP address is not 10.12.190.%

I have tried to make collection, and publish the task to only that collection. But it works to slow. I want my clients to be able to connect the computer to a "reimaging" station and the task reimageing task will start in some minutes. With collection it can take up to one hour before they start.

Any good solution to make this possible?

2 answers to this question

I also use the unknown computers and PXE boot. But I use USMT and migrate the user profile and computer name. I want it to be zero touch for the clients.

I did get it to work when I use collections. But the time it takes before the computer get in the correct collection and launch the mandatory task is to long. Takes up to one hour before the task starts. But when it start everything works like i want it to be. So my only problem is the time it takes before the task sequence start.

But I see that SCCM is not designed to be used that way i think hehe..

Maybe possible to launch the Task sequence with script?