Drekko

User Security Group Query

Hi guys

Trying to get my head around queries in SCCM 2012 and learning it. I set up a home lab with SCCM and Domain controller and created a couple of security groups called:

Staff and Students

The default Query in SCCM called All AD Security Groups, correctly displays the two security groups called staff and students when I run it

Some time later I created a security group called "Leadership"

Now when I run this query it will not display at all, only staff and student display

What can be causing this? Not sure what is going on. I have not changed any settings in the default query

I found this out when I was trying to make a User Collection of the Leadership Security Group from AD to display all members in the collection in SCCM, This was not working either. If the default query will not even display the security group I assume my user collection query to display all "Leaderships" members will not work either?

Check attached images

post-32642-0-67607600-1452410077.png

post-32642-0-20554100-1452413225.png

post-32642-0-15048800-1452413296.png

Have you run the discovery yet?

No as I thought all the discovery methods being enabled it would automate this?

If I have to run the discovery manually each time I add a user or group in AD doesn't that defeat the purpose of automation which sccm is great for?

I am probably missing something though so please correct me

And also I did a test by creating just a new user and sccm picked up that user without me running any manual discovery

post-32642-0-67494300-1452466792.png

Ohhh worked it out!

For some silly reason I forgot to add the location for AD User group discovery method

I only had manual groups set in there.

I put the location of where to look for security groups, run the discovery and boom, Leadership group is there now:

post-32642-0-33226900-1452468869.png