Super_Noob

Collection from AD query but need to exclude sub OU in query

Hi all, I'm stumped by a collection I need to make. I jumped into an SCCM role and unfortunately I do not control the AD structure. I need to create a collection of all of the companies workstations under an AD OU Workstations. The caveat is that under that OU is a sub OU for production machines that I do not want in this collection. I have a query created collection and am pulling all of the Workstations OU and I also have a collection of the sub OU. Can anyone advise me on the syntax to create a new collection with the proper exclusion? Here is an example of what I am trying but haven't gotten correct yet:

select SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceID,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceType,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Name,SMS_R_SYSTEM.SMSUniqueIdentifier,SMS_R_SYSTEM.ResourceDomainORWorkgroup,SMS_R_SYSTEM.Client from SMS_R_System where SMS_R_System.SystemOUName = "DOMAIN.NET/WORKSTATIONS/WORKSTATIONS (SP2 REQUIRED)" not in "DOMAIN.NET/WORKSTATIONS/WORKSTATIONS (SP2 REQUIRED)/PRODUCTIONS"

I appreciate any guidance!

Thanks,

Rob