lt.son

Deleted package still trying to install

We created a package to remove all versions of Flash Player then install the latest. This didn't work well so we removed the package.

That package is still trying to install and failing.

This is what I've found in the client logs:

AppDiscovery.log

+++ MSI application not discovered [MSI Product Code: {44CF4DB9-707A-4395-839C-573FBC206CB9}, MSI Product version: ]

+++ Did not detect app deployment type Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX - Windows Installer (*.msi file)(ScopeId_E653C22A-B113-4E94-B3BD-D84F9569E225/DeploymentType_97dd432f-2731-48a8-8aa1-00537c377eaa, revision 1) for system.

ActionType - Install will use Content Id: Content_2d063820-6587-4d5c-91a2-d8945f7e5e5a + Content Version: 1 for AppDT "Adobe Flash Player 19 ActiveX - Windows Installer (*.msi file)" [scopeId_E653C22A-B113-4E94-B3BD-D84F9569E225/DeploymentType_97dd432f-2731-48a8-8aa1-00537c377eaa], Revision - 1

I'm not sure from here how to locate the ghost of this package and eliminate it.

Thanks,

LT.Son

You probably just need to initiate a machine policy evaluation on the client machine.

Also, just install the latest flash. It will remove previous versions on its own.

This is how it had worked in the past. However, starting in about September, the old versions stopped uninstalling. We were finding systems with multiple versions of the ActiveX Flash Player installed.

Interesting... Not what I am seeing, but I deploy flash updates using SCUP.

Might consider running a flash cleanup utility before running the latest installer? Just check the box to run another program first when you create your flash player installer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Interesting... Not what I am seeing, but I deploy flash updates using SCUP.

Might consider running a flash cleanup utility before running the latest installer? Just check the box to run another program first when you create your flash player installer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Ahh, Thanks for the suggestion. I hadn't realized that I could specify something to run BEFORE a App install. I'll look into it.

That's the uninstaller I tried to script into the phantom package.

Anyway, I believe the issue is fixed. I found the package ID and cleaned it off of all our DPs. This morning it is gone.