regan

Copy Files During Application Install

I have created an application which contains multiple installs which all work well however I have added a bat file at the end which copies a couple of INI files to a directory. The bat file seems to work fine but during the install it doesn’t. I may be going about it the wrong way so any advice would be welcome.

The bat file is

del "C:\WINDOWS\sims.ini"

if not exist "c:\program files\sims\sims .net\connect.ini" copy /y "\\MySccmserver\Sources\OS Deployment Share\Shortcuts\Sims Connect ini\connect.ini" "c:\program file\sims\sims .net"

if not exist "C:\WINDOWS\sims.ini" copy /y "\\ MySccmserver \Sources\OS Deployment Share\Shortcuts\Sims Ini\sims.ini" "C:\WINDOWS\"

post-24873-0-63987500-1452690471.jpg

Assuming the programs run under system context? User will not have permission to C;\windows. Does \\mysccmserver file share give every machine account permission to the files?

You could just put a copy of connect.ini & sims.ini in the application content source. Then you would just need to change the bat file to (this way the ini files will just be in the working directory) :

del "C:\WINDOWS\sims.ini"

if not exist "c:\program files\sims\sims .net\connect.ini" copy /y "connect.ini" "c:\program files (x86)\sims\"

if not exist "C:\WINDOWS\sims.ini" copy /y "sims.ini" "C:\WINDOWS\"

I think the issues is access to the C:\WINDOWS folder as i have to run as administrator in order to work. During a TS i can just create a package and use xcopy which works but im trying to build it into the application

Is there a specific reason not to put the files into your package sources?

No there's not, i can do that, how would i reference that in the bat file though?

if not exist "C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS.Net\connect.ini" copy /y "\\%~dp\Sims Connect ini" "C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS.Net"