curtblunt

Windows 10 Deployment (Getting stuck after OS Install)

Question

Morning all,

Just a quick one I'd like to ask. Recently been setting up MDT 2013 Update 2 to push out Windows 10 Version 1511, build 10586.

I've created my capture image, which sysprepp'd and captured fine, then I imported the captured WIM file into my MDT share, created a task sequence..

Updated deployment share, replaced boot image in WDS and restarted the WDS service.

Then, PXE boot a machine, selected the Win10 Task Sequence, it installs the OS then reboots, logs in as Administrator as doesn't continue running any scripts and just sits on the desktop.

Had a look in the MDT monitoring and it always gets stuck at step 56 out of 93, then after a while the status changes to "Unresponsive"

Could anyone shed any light on this one for me?

5 answers to this question

mdt_monitor.png

Hi guys, just bumping this thread. I've uploaded a video of the deployment process I am doing, could anyone let me know how to fix what's happening please?

I've also attached a screenshot from the MDT monitoring tool, and that is what happens everytime I try to deploy Windows 10.

Could this be my task sequence or answer file? If you need any information, just ask!

Much appreciated.

can you attach the smsts.log file please

Hi,

Same issue here. Now the Monitoring node is showing this deployment as unresponsive. The app that MDT was stuck on (Symantec Endpoint Protection) appears to be functioning on the deployed client machine. In fact, everything about that client machine seems to be fine, it just looks like it hasn't told MDT that it's finished. I can see several "Failed to save the current environment block" errors, but again, they don't appear to have caused a fatal error. The only posts I could find suggested updating ADK, and ADK is current on this machine. I keep trying to upload my smsts.log but I'm getting "Upload skipped (Error IO)" when I try. If you have any recommendations, I would appreciate them. Thanks!