YPCC

Recovery Partition To Rebuild Machine

Hi all,

Looking for some tips on this one as its not the most straightforward of activities. Scenario:

We are planning to outsource our imaging to Dell, essentially this means we will create a image, and Dell will preload it onto newly purchased hardware. Therefore when the end-user gets their new laptop delivered, they simply connect the network cable, switch it on and follow the very basic on screen instructions (choose country etc), and away they go. Based on the country the users choose, lang packs are installed, time zone set, locale, and even the computer name is prefixed with the country code. We're familiar with this part.

I'm curious as to whether anyone has been able to implement a recovery partition using SCCM task sequences. A scenario where this would be required is when the end-user has issues on their machine but no local IT support is available to rebuild it. We could instruct the end-user to restart the computer press a "F" key and recover the machine back to its original state. Thus totally eliminate the need for local IT which can be VERY costly in remote areas/countries.

I know both pre-staging and recovery can be achieve as separate functions. Its combining them into a single, automated, deployable solution that is my task. So curious as to whether anyone has done this before and has any tips that could speed things up on my end.

• Like 1

Hello.

Were you able to achieve this task ? Since I built TS purely to capture Installed OS and put it to recovery partition using best-practices. However within automated task, it does get permissions denied.

When- however run manually, all can be achieved.

please let me know the status of this issue

thanks