krdell

Newly created imaging boot media not working

As of a couple days ago every time I attempt to create new USB boot media, it turns out not to actually be bootable. When attempting to do so, the client machine to which I'm trying to deploy an OS just boots into it's OS after I selected my my new USB as my boot option. I've tried using different USB sticks, tried different model machines as well as creating a new boot image. My old usb sticks still work fine. No changes have been made to my sccm environment in the last few days. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

How exactly did you create your USB stick?

Via ConfigMgr?
Software Library > Operating Systems > Task Sequences > Create Task Sequence Media

This usually works for me.

You could try to make the USB bootable manually and copy the content of the Boot ISO (e.g. extract with 7zip) to the USB.

To make a USB bootable follow these steps:

Open an elevated command prompt
Enter following commands:
Diskpart
List Disk (-> At this point determine which disk number corresponds to the USB flash drive (make sure you correctly make this determination!)
Select disk <x> (-> where <x> is the disk number that the USB flash drive corresponds to)
Clean (-> WARNING!: This will wipe all the contents from the drive you selected so make sure that the correct drive is selected and that there is nothing on the drive that is needed)
Create partition primary (-> If you receive an error at this stage regarding not being able to create a partition, the USB Flash Drive is not capable of being made bootable and will not work as an SCCM bootable Task Sequence Media. Please restart the process using a different USB)
Select Partition 1
Format fs=fat32 quick
Active
Assign
Exit

• Like 1

Be aware... I once used a software that create automatically "everything" needed to boot from a USB with the boot image generated by the ConfigMgr and goes wrong. Search Microsoft technet how to create the boot disk from USB or as shown Dinci5...