anyweb

Updating SCCM 2007 SP2 RC (or beta) to SP2 Final

When i try to create a new boot images under "Boot Images" i get:

Error: Data Source Information

Source location: \\server\sms_aes\OSD\boot\i386\boot.wim

Boot Image: 1 - Microsoft Windows Vista PE (x86)

Error: Package Information

Name: WindowsPE X86 Boot for SCCM

Version: 1

Comment: test

Error: Errors

You can not import this boot image. Only finalized boot images are supported. For more information press F1.

Seems like the boot.wim is the version from before SP2 update, or/and it is corrupt. How do i create a new boot.wim file that is the right version?

Tried to reinstall WAIK, didn't help.

Should the following work? :

Installed SCCM with SP1, then Updatet it to R2, and finally Updating it to SP2.

Didn't do any configuring, would like to start the SCCM configuration when the site is running the latest version (SP2).

The SCCM SP2 update procedure crashes when updating the X86 Windows PE images????? SCCM is running on a Windows 2008 Sp2 X64 server, with X64 SQL 2005 SP3.

Any good ideas? Do I need to add the X86 Source files to the WDS? Only added X64 from source on the Windows 2008 dvd.

Or isn't it supported to go from Sccm SP1, to R2 and then to SP2 without doing any configuration on the SCCM application.

Heeeelp :(

what about WDS and PXE? Do I also have to stop them when I uninstall WAIK?

•  
  • I also have to change/update my boot images
  • Set the new client install upgrade in each task sequence
  • reinstall every sccm client to sp2

What's the difference between full install and upgrade to sp2? I have SCCM SP1 R2 (like most of us)

wds and pxe, no, do nothing

* I also have to change/update my boot images - yup if they have any drivers or customisations added/or they are MDT

* Set the new client install upgrade in each task sequence - just upgrade your current client package

* reinstall every sccm client to sp2 - use this post

Hi guys,

I just finished upgrading my central site to SP2 and it failed to update one of the boot images. I removed all the drivers, made the simple change of adding cmd line support and the changes appear to have gone through ok. The version number hasn't changed though - this looks like an editable field so will it change on a successful update or do I now assume that because the image has been updated successfully, that I can just change the version number manually to reflect the recent change?

Cheers,

MRaybone.