anyweb

How can I configure client settings and install the ConfigMgr client agent in System Center Configuration Manager Current Branch

At the very end of the Step 3. Deploying the device settings to the created All Workstations collection.

My lab currently has 2 servers and one win10 client.

When i look in the all systems collection i see my SCCM "CM01" server and x64 and x86 unknown computer.

Which computers should i move to All Workstations collection?

Are there any steps i need to take for the AD server and the client to show up in the device list?

Thank you

the All Workstations collection should automatically populate with client computers based on the membership query,

if you want to manage your AD Server then install the configmgr client on it as you see fit, that's entirely up to you, but I wouldn't place it in the All Workstations collection, perhaps you might create a All AD Servers or similar collection

Thank you for reply. I have done the push to the client windows 10 that i see in All workstations.

Now under "Client Activity" I have a "Active" Status.

On the client the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Client\Client Components\SMS Client Base Components\Installation Properties\Installed Version

But nothing in the add/remove regarding the client? Is that correct?

One more question reading the lab setup. I have 16GB base system.

I have set 4gb for SCCM server

4gb for AD server

Both 2016 servers and

2GB for windows 10 client.

SCCM server seems very slow. I am currently waiting for more rem to go 24GB or 32GB.

Would you recommend making any adjustment at the moment to get usable LAB?

I was thinking 2GB for AD and 6GB for SCCM?

Thanks for much help.

I managed to find the solution. Apparently I had forgotten to add the boundaries :wacko::wacko:

Hi, i'm also getting the exact same error, what do you mean by adding boundaries? can you advise what you did to resolve this please?